Tuesday 8 October 2013

Ikea aneboda hack.

I need some new storage in my craft room and spotted an ikea aneboda drawer set on the side of the road- perfect for my craft room. The drawers were in pretty good condition and were white. Prior to finding the drawers all my fabric, card making supplies and teacher supplies were in plastic boxes on the floor and this looks much nicer! However the drawers were see through and I knew I could make them a bit cuter. I recovered the drawers by wrapping the see through sections like a present using wrapping paper, uhu glue and sticky tape. Then to pretty it up a little bit more  I added some washi tape to the drawer handles and to the middle draw.
































For a few dollars worth of wrapping paper and about 20 minutes, I am pretty pleased with my new craft room storage and I can change it up in years to come if my tastes change.
Lisa x
P.S I'm linking up with:

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE that pattern! I never liked the see-through aspect of these drawers and this is such a simple and *cute* solution. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I do love simple and cute solutions :)

      Delete
  2. Nice!! Love tweaking something for a prettier finish, and free can't be beat! :) Found you at Alderberry Hill. :)

    Megan @ C'mon Get Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome find Lisa! I love the nice little 'twist' you have added to it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contents on this blog usually are beneficial and appreciative. Appreciate it with regard to discussing. teacher tag, teacher tag sale, the teacher store, the teacher tag

    ReplyDelete