Friday 14 March 2014

Pinspiration making- part 3.

Time for my final project in the 'Pinspiration making' series for this week! It's been so rewarding to actually finish off some projects and be someone who actually does things rather than just dreaming about them. Actually this final project is quite dreamy looking for bubs to look up at as he/she gets changed. I am also currently working on some other 'Pinspiration making' projects that I will share when they are finished. But for now it's time for project number three.
Project 3: A cloud shelf.
here
I just went mad for this beautiful cloud shelf and knew that it could be easily replicated. This shelf hasn't yet been mounted yet but it's going to look brilliant when it's up above the change table. I also have thrifted some mini umbrellas which I'm planning on hanging below the shelf for extra effect. To make this I drew a cloud shape and then enlarged in just over 2x. This template was used to cut out the clouds and wood glue attached the two clouds. The clouds were sanded and given two coats of white paint.
This shelf is excellent storage and looks very cute. I am still deciding what books and bits and pieces to put on it but one can never go wrong with Sophie the giraffe or Beatrix Potter. I tried some of my more colourful books but I am preferring this space with pastels and light colours.  I still need to paint the screws too (that I used to attach the shelf to the wall) white so they blend better with the cloud but that will be a quick job for another day.
Now it's time to get some more inspiration for over the cot and the hallway connected to the nursery before this room will be perfect.
 Check out my pinterest board for many more ideas that are inspiring me at the moment.
Lisa x
I've chosen to join a few link parties today to share my Pinspiration making project:
 The Thrifty Groove,What-About,Redouxinteriors,The Best Blog Recipes,The Jenny Evolution

2 comments:

  1. That little cloud shelf is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shelf is so cute! Thanks for linking to TTF!

    ReplyDelete