Tuesday 24 July 2012

Easy recipes for when you just don't feel like cooking.

Since my parents live a long drive away, I'm always delighted when they come up for a few nights. We had lots of great meals and I thought I'd share a few cheap and easy recipes that are tasty. When my parents are up I want to impress them with my cooking but still have plenty of time to just sit with them and enjoy their company.
Tasty simple potato salad
Ingredients:
6 potatoes ( peeled and cut into cubes).
100g of diced bacon
2 spring onions
Paul Newman's own ranch dressing- any will do but this is the best.
How to:
Steam potatoes until cooked (don't let them get too soft).
Drain potatoes and place in a bowl.
Cook diced bacon in a small fry pan and add to bowl.
Cut up spring onions and add to bowl.
Pour ranch dressing generously in the bowl and mix together.

Crumbed chicken tenderloins
Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 cup plain flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp lemon pepper
3 tbsp shaved parmesan cheese
How to:
Get three bowls out (flat bowls are best).
In bowl 1 place flour.
In bowl 2 place eggs and beat slightly.
In bowl 3 place lemon pepper, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
Dip the tenderloins in flour and brush off. 
Then dip the tenderloins in egg and finally coat the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture. 
Fry the coated tenderloins in a large fry pan until cooked.
And for entree we did have my favourite Chicken noodle soup 
(significantly more appetising than the above picture).

Ingredients:
1 litre water
1 spring onion
1/4 roasted chicken from the supermarket
2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce
1 packet of chicken noodle soup mix
1 can (400g) of creamed corn.
How to:
This is the easiest soup ever but very good.
Cut up the spring onion and break the roasted chicken into pieces.
Combine all the ingredients and cook on a stove top until warm.
Eat and enjoy!

Let me know if you try any of these very easy recipes. I'm a big fan of testing out tricky recipes but for inexpensive and easy meals you can't go past these three recipes.

Lisa x


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. It can be difficult to balance spending time with your company and serving them well!

    ReplyDelete