Sunday 22 July 2012

Salvaged outdoor area.


So this is my current project (ongoing). We have a large patio that is pretty much empty, except for the barbeque. I've been scouring garage sales for some perfect outdoor furniture and thought I'd share a few of  my outdoor garage sale finds I've had. I haven't put it all together yet but these are the pieces that I have to try and tie together and great a beautiful outdoor space. So here are my finds so far:

I was super pleased to find this little set at a local garage sale and when they delivered it and threw in oil too. I felt super blessed by the kindness of people- there is only so much I can squeeze in my little car.
This cute bamboo chair.

I picked up the little white table in the middle recently at this little town about 1/2 away where once a year 30 houses have garage sales at the same time.
 A little stripy hammock chair.
 A long stripy hammock.
 And this pretty little table (which almost perfectly matches my bench set) that needs a little bit of sanding but is in decent condition.
All this for $40.
Now to work out how I'm going to tie it all together!- I'll share with you soon what I get up to.
Any suggestions??
Happy thrifting- and I'm linking up with  her library adventures and apron thrift girl.
Lisa x

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you got great deals all for $40

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant finds! I'd love to have a hammock, looking forward to seeing how it all turns out! love your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing value for $40! I like bringing eclectic stuff together with a common thread like colour ~ either via paint or accessories. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your idea! I was thinking along the same lines to tying it together through paint.

      Delete
  4. What a fantastic area that is! It will be even more amazing once you've arranged it all to your liking. I rather love the bright colors of the hammock and hammock chair - they're so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it will look great! You need some plants and some colourful cushions that will help tie it all together! Maybe the cushions can pick up the colours in the hammock chair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great idea! thanks! I think I'll keep a big look out for colourful material to thrift or bright cushions.

      Delete
  6. Great blog with quality pictures and good details. Please keep on posting the more stuff. I will like to hear more from you.

    ReplyDelete