Saturday 4 August 2012

Garage sale goodies.

Since I live in the country is a town of about 15,000, we only have 1-3 garage sales a weekend.  We also only have 3 op shops in town and one is ridiculously overpriced and not worth checking out. However despite my limitations, it seems that people don't always appreciate the same things I do and I've had more luck finding super bargains than when I lived in a city of 1.5 million (Nb It probably helps too that I now have a house and actually have plenty of room to store my finds).
I was pretty stoked to find this adorable yellow bowl (above) which is just the perfect fruit bowl in my kitchen.

I also acquired this beautiful lampshade. I definitely need to do something about the base as the blue doesn't work- I'm thinking maybe a bronze colour. I seem to be having a lot of success finding lamps lately. Thankfully we only had 2 lamps in the whole house prior to my finding spree so we still have plenty of room for lamps!

And finally...

Now this wasn't a yard sale find, but rather something I snatched up when my mother  in law declared that she was decluttering and no longer needed it. I just adore the shape and carvings. It is not quite 'the dream chair' yet but with some paint and reupholstering, it will be. The shape and size is just perfect.
Now the challenge is working out what colour to make my chair. I'm a big fan of these types of chairs painted silver but am still very uncertain about what material to reupholster it with- and I will need my re upholsterer friend to help as this job is one I don't want to mess up!
As usual I'm linking up with simple design and apron thrift girl.
Happy thrifting!
Lisa x

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore that chair! I love it just the way it is.

    The lamp shade is also gorgeous. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my craft bucket list goals is to learn to re-upholster furniture. I'm excited to see what you do with that beautiful chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice chair. It has great bones. Linking up from Thrift haul.

    ReplyDelete