Friday 26 October 2012

On the go.

I have an addiction, it is very hard for me to sleep in on a Saturday morning and not just get up and go to the garage sales of my town. The thrill of a bargain is just so enticing for me and I feel like I achieve something while most people are still sleeping in.
However I am also growing consciously aware of how much I have and am keen to not end up with a house brimming with stuff...just because it's cheap.
I've read that hoarders often hold onto things because they 'might be able to use it one day' so I've decided that from now on I'm going one step further than previously and not just get rid of one thing every time I get something new but also become EXTREMELY selective about what I let into my home. See the capital letters.. I'm getting serious :)

One thing that I was willing to let into my home was this absolutely gorgeous teapot made in Norway. I have a bit of a soft spot for teapots and this one was so beautiful.  I love the colours and the interesting picture.


























I've also decided it's time to get down to business with finishing off some of my large amount of craft projects on the go. Before I buy something new that could be made into something amazing, I am going to be completing some of these projects...

experimenting with hama beads, creating interesting platters and lights, preparing for a mexican party, updating the fridge, working out how to use some big frames and having a go at sewing eye masks.

I find myself finding more and more amazing things and instead of completing each project, end up with about 20 projects on the go at one time. This weekend I'm taking a break from garage sales and finishing off as much as I can! Wish me luck.
Happy weekend
Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment