Wednesday 23 January 2013

Some crafty inspiration.

January has just flown by. I can hardly believe we're already almost a month down in 2013.Now that I'm back from holidays and at work, I've finally been able to start a few new projects. Today I'd share some things that have been inspiring me.
I'm developing a love of house plants. I would never have thought I'd long for some greenery inside my home as I used to scoff at mum's large collection of house plants. However things change and I am enjoying my new house plants. Mum gifted me a plain red pot for christmas and I used some fabric tape to spice it up a bit. I've actually gone a bit fabric tape crazy since picking up a whole lot in singapore for a few dollars. It has an incredible number of uses and just makes everything look so pretty!
Novelty food always excites me - remember the sombrero cake we made for the mexican party. Over the holidays I tried out a few new novelty food ideas including the above sausage wreath. For this wreath I used cocktail frankfurts inside bread with a light layer of butter on top. I baked it in the oven for about 10 mins and then added a little capsicum bow. It actually tasted pretty good and went nicely with a salad to serve 4.
I've had long brown hair for as long as I can remember so this year I'm trying to expand my extremely limited hairstyling repertoire and bring in some braids. I've been expermenting lately and hoping to improve my skills. This braid started at the front of my head and then continued on and was simply bobby pinned in place.
And last but definately not least- an amazing cupcake stand made from reused records. I can't take credit for the insanely cool stand but this lovely gift has been inspiring me to get more creative with making useable kitchen items. I may even try to make my own version one day...
What's been inspiring you lately?
Happy crafting
Lisa x



No comments:

Post a Comment