Sunday 3 February 2013

The Macklemore thrift shop challenge.

One of my favourite blogs,young house love has a little thrifty challenge this week. They challenged their readers to go to an op shop and share the bargains they could find with $20. Any thrifty challenge is a good one so armed with a crisp $20 note I went into the nearby op shop in the holiday town of Adrossan (where we were staying for the weekend). I was little too excited getting into the shop that I forgot to photograph me outside the little shop but if you go by Adrossan, SA, check it out.
And for $20 I scored this loot:
A picture frame, 2 spoons, a jacket, a polka dot blouse and a dress. I'm a little stocked with my recent finds. I was mighty short of teaspoons so two more is always good and the picture frame is the perfect colour to go in my  retro inspired kitchen. . I'm thinking of turning it into a fridge frame- kind of like this one. At times only buying from op shops has been a bit tough (especially for a clothes lover like me) but these new finds have replenished my work wardrobe for a little while!
What have you scored for $20?
Lisa x 

7 comments:

  1. The little picture frame will look great in your kitchen - love the turquoise. Good clothing finds. I have only ever found a few pieces of clothes I like at a thrift shop so I don't even usually bother to look now. I just head right for the dishes and tablecloths - love those sections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep trying- I've had times where I havent found clothes for ages and then some visit where there are just lots of lovely clothes. I do like the dish and tablecloth sections too :)
      L x

      Delete
  2. That's a fun idea, and that song makes me laugh! The lyrics are quite funny! I'll have to give this a go when I check out the new op shops here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know how the op shops are. I've only been across once and found a few goodies. x

      Delete
  3. Great finds.. I love the torqoise frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun finds! Love the clothes you scored, they're cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really love that photo frame!

    ReplyDelete