Thursday 22 January 2015

Henry's dedication.

My husband and I are practicing Christians and had a dedication ceremony for our son, Henry, recently. A dedication is a chance to declare our intent to raise our child as a Christian. It was a special day for our family and I wanted to make Henry a little cross to remind him. I used an existing cross that I had and my dad helped to cut out the cross shape once the lettering had been done.

To make a cross (or other shape) similar to this you will need:
a pencil
a cross shape template
a piece of plywood
a soldering iron
a fretsaw (or someone kind to cut it out for you)
sandpaper


Once I had decided what I wanted it to say I wrote it out in pencil. I have average handwriting but it is a special handmade item for Henry from me. Once I was happy with the text I used a soldering iron to write over the pencil and burn the text into the wood. Since the verse I'd chosen was quite long it took a few hours but is a fairly therapeutic peaceful activity to do while baby sleeps.

My dad cut out the shape for me and we added a hook on the back to hang it with.I hope we can use the cross with Henry when he's older to discuss the meaning and reason behind his dedication. I've also included a few other photos of decorations from the day. They're fairly basic decorations as I'm time poor at the moment but added to the special feel of the day.





Lisa x

3 comments:

  1. What a special day for you all. I trust Henry grows up to be a man after God's own heart. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is one my true desire for Henry :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful blog! It is really informative to all. Keep update more information about this.
    I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful to me. Thank you for sharing great information to us

    ReplyDelete