Monday 23 December 2013

Felt artwork.

I am always a fan of having powerful and inspiring quotes throughout my house and wanted to have a biblical quote  in our main living room. After looking through my craft supplies I was inspired to create a quote artwork using felt. 
To create this artwork you will need:
A stencil
A texta
Felt in a range of colours
A frame and canvas.
White and grey paint
Sharp scissors
PVA glue
Trace the letters onto the coloured felt and cut them out by hand. I used a range of colours I had on hand and rotated them randomly so there isn't any pattern in the writing. All I tried to do was make sure I used each other about the same amount of  time. The canvas was a lovely apricot colour so it was in need of some paint.
Once this was completed I painted the canvas with two coats of grey paint and the frame( which was previously plain wood) with white paint. This fabulous canvas and frame combo was $2 from a garage sale but the cheap shops sell canvas' for hardly anything. I then arranged the letters in place and glued them on with PVA glue.

And there you have it, my new quote artwork. I'm quite chuffed with it and love the even sizing of the letters. However I am still considering getting some blue and pink felt and swapping some of the letters to make the overall look even brighter and more colourful. For now though I'm just going to enjoy it as it is and use it as a daily reminder.
 Lisa x
P.S I'm linking up with

Flamingo Toes
C.R.A.F.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment