Wednesday 21 May 2014

Recent thrifting finds.

It has been a long time since I've gone out to garage sales in the morning and a long time since I've shared a few thrifty finds! I initially tried a few times when we first moved back to the city but this was around the end of my first trimester, start of second and I was just crazy tired in the mornings and struggled to get to them. Now approaching the end of my third trimester I wanted to get in one more morning or garage sales. There were six in a five minute radius of our home due to the pleasant warm May days we have had this last week. I was pleasantly surprised with a few finds and thought I'd share a few of them.

A beautiful 1950's mirror

I am ALWAYS on the look out for cheap art deco mirrors as I just love the glam beautiful look of them. For $8 I was sold on this beauty for above the bedroom dresser. I'd love a whole wall of mirrors in this style but it's pretty rare to find one so cheaply so I'll just count my blessings for now.

Love birds artwork
I love individual art and have developed a little thing for bird drawings lately. This cute hand painted picture of two love birds had me sold even before I found out its $2 price tag. Its just right for above our bed and such a fitting picture too. I love being able to encorporate newly thrifted items into our recently painted master bedroom to give it some extra interest and style.

Teacup and saucer
There is something so special and lovely about tea parties and I'm always searching for pretty complete teacup sets. I haven't found that many at bargain prices but this spotty one for 50c was a lucky find. After all I have a display cabinet to fill

I will forever be the girl who loves the thrill of a bargain.
Have you thrifted anything great lately? Happy thrifting!
Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment