Sunday 15 July 2012

Thrifting finds.

Last Monday I was in Canberra and my friend and I went to the tip shop. It was unbelievably amazing and I wish there was a shop like that nearby. There were many wonderful things but the only thing I added to my already full suitcase was this adorable Royal Albert plate for $1. I'm not really a cat person but I think it's so cute and will look perfect in the kitchen on the wall.
My lovely parents came up for the weekend and I decided to show them how to garage sale country style (there's usually only up to 3 on in a weekend and they're all close together). I found these lovely old suitcases for $5 and while they mightn't look like much yet, Dad and I have already created the cutest wall display that I can't wait to show you later on this blog ( if you're wondering where the other half of the bigger suitcase is, soon I'll show you). I also have grand plans for the remaining suitcases but I'll need a few more weekends.
 I found a set of 4 lovely Johnson Australia cups and saucers.
 Some doilies for projects.
 A cute little bowl.
And an eclectic handmade tray.

I'm going to be linking with the very cute blogs : her library adventures  and apron thrift girl where other people post their thrifting finds too.
Happy thrifting!
Lisa x

6 comments:

  1. Lovely Johnson pattern on the cup.
    Look forward to seeing what you do with those suitcases. I've done a few suitcase makeover. The most recent I've shared on mu log was a dog bed for my furry little Vower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool finds, I should really try to get to some garage sales some time-they're just so early...

    ReplyDelete
  3. great johnson pattern - i haven't come across that pattern yet. also love the suitcases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice finds!! Are you going to make a doily lampshade? I've been meaning to try that for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the leaf design of the Johnson ware.
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with the suitcases.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the bowl with the red tulips. Great finds! Thanks so much for dropping by L'Heure Bleue At Home.

    ReplyDelete