Saturday 29 September 2012

The balancing act.

It's been a few years since I've had a desk but I have recently been feeling the need for one more and more.  As a teacher I can't help but take work home with me every now and then and I felt like the lounge room and kitchen table were becomming crowded by work things. I don't want work to invade my home life so I've decided to set up my own little area just for doing work at home.
I've been searching garage sales and our local buy and sell website for most of the year without much success so when my parents told me they had this old yellow desk on their patio,  I quickly snagged it as a for now desk. It's small and I just adore anything yellow. While it's not quite perfect, it's great for now.

my parents patio is now chair and desk free!
I've shared my chair transformation  here and now I finally have a little desk area ready to use. I still have plans of moving all my school related things to the office but it's good to finally have a space to use!

I'm excited to have my own little space to work at and then leave behind. I've still got a few DIYs to do before the space is how I want it . I think it's the perfect new space to put the pretty canisters I thrifted not too long ago.
Do you ever need to take work home? How do you manage this?
Have a happy weekend!
Lisa x
 

4 comments:

  1. This is so creative. I love the color choices!

    I just found your cute blog! I am a new follower, and excited to read more. Would love for you to stop by and follow along if you'd like :)

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much ! I'll definately check out your blog too.
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome result!

    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love all the bright colors (canisters, tape dispenser) against the yellow.

    ReplyDelete