Sunday 7 October 2012

Back door organisation.

I made a great entrance way but I don't always enter through the front and thought I should create a little
area at the back of the house for all my stuff when I get home.
I've already shared my new bench but this is the result of finishing off the can of spray paint and a little more thrifting:
 

I had this fantastic shaped pineapple bowl but the wood colour didn't quite work in my home. Some primer and 2 coats of spray paint later and I had the perfect key/loose items bowl.


A thrifted mirror. It was hidden in the back corner of a garage sale but with a little bit of TLC I removed the stickers covering the front and now I can make sure I look okay before heading out the door.


I also had an old crate which was a bit worse for wear. With some primer and 2 coats of spray paint again, it was ready and fits nicely under my little bench. I now have a little spot to hold my green bags for grocery shopping.

Total spent: $29 bench, 50c crate, $1 pineapple and $4 mirror = $34.50
Now I feel all organised and ready to head back to work with everything in my back area having a place.

3 comments:

  1. Love your painted pineapple bowl! very clever upcycle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I always love anything pineapple shaped :)
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pineapple bowl. You sure made a great idea out of $34, and also did some great repurposing! It's great to be organized, so I better get going! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete