Tuesday 1 April 2014

Lamp table.

I got this pathetically ordinary lamp table for free the other day and wanted to make it into something a bit more special that could hold the new lamp I upcycled. I had no where to put the lamp so this little find is the perfect solution and also a place to hold some beautiful brass giraffes that I was given as a baby by an Aunty.
Like I always believe, a coat of paint can make a world of difference. Even after a coat of primer and two coats of white paint, it was looking far more like something I'd have in my house and want to use.
But a white table is just a little bit boring, I changed it up every so slightly by using some leftover 'silver dollar' grey paint to make a bit of interest to the legs.I considered changing up the top too but for now the white paint just makes the lamp and giraffes pop.

 
And the room is certainly coming together as I've also recently bought a second hand cot and rocking chair so all the furniture in the room is now purchased. The lamp table will need to move when bubs starts crawling and walking but it is a nice solution for the moment and looks cute between the growth chart and gallery wall.
There is still three months to go but I am so pleased to have this room almost complete. Now I just need to stock the cupboards and actually have this little baby :-)
Lisa x

3 comments:

  1. Your right a coat of paint and cure anything ugly into something pretty. I like you little table and your lamp, also the lampshade. You did good! Hope to see you this Sunday at Sunday's Best again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, paint always saves everything :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks great :) Love the wall too!

    ReplyDelete