Tuesday 16 April 2013

Felt garland lover.


I'm on holidays at the moment and loving every minute of it and today is my 100th post! 
It's been a while since I really had time to just craft. I got a load of felt the other week and was excited to see what I could turn it into. I've seen lots of different types of felt garlands and decided it would be just a little bit fun to make my own. I am thinking they'll end up in my craft room to add a splash of fun and quirky colour.



To create my love heart garland I needed felt (in three colours), embrodiery floss, scissors, a texta and a cookie cutter in a heart shape (or you could make your own stencil using cardboard).
I simply cut out the hearts, created a pattern and sewed them together using a large needle.


I'm in love. I think this garland is just so darn cute and am sure I'll find the perfect little nook in my home for it when I get back. It was such an easy and fun project that I'm inspired to make a whole lot more these holidays. They'd make nice gifts I think or decoration for a party or wedding.

1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest garland - love the texture of the felt, it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete