Wednesday 19 February 2014

Thrifting for the nursery.

As I put together a gender neutral nursery, I wanted to find as many items as possible second hand rather than resorting to buying things new. There are still a lot of things I need to get together ( and plenty of time to do this) but so far everything has been thrifted or made with love and that's the way I like it.  As you can see too, the nursery is now crisply painted in 'sea bubbles' by taubman as it's just such a light pretty green. I found this cute little hanging basket and hook set a while back but they may excellent storage.  The hanging onesie was too cute to pass at a thrift shop and could be worn by either a little girl or boy. I also managed to thrift about thrifty white and yellow vintage look coat hangers for $4 which I just love and they look so lovely hanging in the wardrobe.
 
There is also a whole checklist of things you really need for a nursery ( or so I have found while googling) and change table was on my list. I found this lovely white dresser nursery for $30 on gumtree. I am so pleased with all the storage available for all the items this babe will undoubtedly need.
If you want to see other things we've been doing to get the nursery ready check out the nursery art and how we painted the built ins.
Have you had any recent thrifting luck?
Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment